February is a short and sweet month with a whole lot to love. Here are a few things we’ll be cozying up with (besides our S.O.).
One of our favorite female authors, Zadie Smith (you probably know her 2016 bestseller, Swing Time), is back with Feel Free, a collection of essays that covers everything from dinner parties to pop culture to politics. It’s refreshingly honest and a really fun read.
- Fans of Me Before You — the book or the movie — will be happy to hear that Jojo Moyes just released Still Me, the third installment of the series.
- For more books-turned-movies, be sure to browse this list of books to grab before their movies come out later this year.
- And if you resolved to read more books this year, check out this article on how to actually finish them.
With the Oscars coming up in just over three weeks, now’s the time to sneak in any of this year’s nominated movies. We had a lot of favorites (The Shape of Water, Call Me By Your Name, Get Out), but Greta Gerwig’s directorial debut, Lady Bird, still sits at the top of the list. It’s super relatable and we think it’d make a great pick for a Galentine’s Day get together. Plus, Gerwig (the fifth woman to ever be nominated in the directing category) personally sent a letter to Justin Timberlake for licensing rights to use his music, and it kind of makes us want to be her best friend.
- The latest episode of 73 Questions stars Donatella Versace and it’s just as fabulous as you’d expect.
- If you were more into the snacks than the Super Bowl last Sunday (guilty), click here to to catch up on some of this year’s best commercials.
- This Valentine’s Day Lookbook has outfit inspo for any type of date night.
It’s been around for a few years, but we just recently got really into the podcast Call Your Girlfriend. Co-hosted by real-life, long-distance best friends, Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman, each episode takes the form of a chat between two friends, about whatever’s on their minds. Feminism, fashion, “fake news” — no topic is off limits and the result is hilarious, smart and real. Put on a mud mask, pour yourself a glass of wine and press play.
- Modern Love launched it’s 100th episode and celebrated with a special, focused on listener stories. (The team behind the podcast also shared their all-time favorite episodes, here — “Marry My Husband” will forever make us ugly cry.)
- The Skimm is moving beyond your inbox. The ladies behind your favorite morning email just launched a podcast and you can listen to the first episode here.
- The new Vance Joy album Nation of Two is dropping 2/23 and the first single already has us like this 😍.
(Images via The New York Review of Books and Call Your Girlfriend)